TwispWorks is being proactive in taking measures to help you stay informed about the Coronovirus/COVID-19 pandemic. We want to communicate with you: our partners, supporters, and community what we are doing as a staff and organization to prioritize safety while focusing efforts to help businesses, employees and families impacted during this unprecedented time.
Please check this website often as we will be updating it with the latest information and resources. Or reach out to us directly at BusinessSupport@TwispWorks.Org.
What We’re Doing: Campus Information
Our first concern is the health and safety of our staff, partners and community. In order to help “flatten the curve” of the virus’ spread to ensure our healthcare infrastructure in the best position to keep up with demand from people impacted by COVID-19, we have implemented the following policies, in effect until April 12th. At that point, we will reevaluate the state and local health situation and communicate any updates.
• TwispWorks staff have been advised to work from home where possible. Staff contact information and work hours are posted on the Gateway (building #1) and Bernard Hosey (building #9) front doors. Staff contact information is also listed on our Web site home page.
• We have temporarily closed our public meeting spaces (the Gateway Conference Room & YourSpace @ TwispWorks) as well as public bathrooms on campus and have postponed all TwispWorks sponsored events. The door to the Gateway Building is closed to the public.
• Our partners are operating at their own discretion, so please call any business you wish to visit before coming to the campus. Visit the Partner page for contact information.
What We’re Doing: Business Support & Resources
TwispWorks is keeping abreast of emergency resources and funding that is currently available or expected to become available to small businesses as well as taking a primary role in tracking the impact to Methow Valley businesses. Please complete the Economic Injury Worksheet and return to BusinessSupport@TwispWorks.Org so we can track impacts to your business and help connect you with resources as they become available.
Businesses and employees will also find the following links helpful
• From the U.S. Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance
• Also from the U.S. Small Business Administration: Guidance for Business and Employers to Plan for and Respond to COVID-19
• From the CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
• From the Employment Security Department: For Workers and Businesses Affected by COVID-19
• From the WA State Department of Financial Institutions: Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19.
What We’re Doing: WA State Public Health Information
Thank you for heeding the advice of public health officials and civic leaders in the days ahead. We are living in a new normal temporarily and TwispWorks and this incredible Methow Valley community will be there during the crisis and throughout the recovery period to do what we can to assist. TwispWorks is working closely with Okanogan County agencies and the Methow Valley Long Term Recovery Organization to ensure a coordinated response.
We will be updating this page as more resources become available so please check back often. You can reach us directly at BusinessSupport@TwispWorks.Org.