- This event has passed.
METHOW SKILLS: Get the Most Out of Your Wood Stove
January 21, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
TwispWorks and the Methow Valley Clean Air Project invites you to attend Fresh Air Fest 2017: Getting the Most from your Wood Stove, a Methow Skills Workshop on Saturday January 21st. Experts from local organizations including the Methow Valley Clean Air Project, Department of Ecology, Okanogan Fire District 6 and Room One will be on hand to answer questions and connect folks with local resources.
- Bring firewood from home and have it tested for effective home burning.
- Learn which tree species provide the best burning fuel.
- Get best practice advice on how to build and maintain your wood stove fire.
- Pick up a set of take home blueprints for building your own wood shed.
- Did you know that the Methow Valley has a serious winter air quality problem? Learn more about community-based efforts and resources to improve air quality!
Plus Zigi Gadomski will be bringing his wood stove trailer to the campus for a real-life demonstration of optimal wood stove fire building techniques. His demonstration trailer allows you to really see the difference good wood fire building techniques can have on the safety and efficiency of your wood stove and our Valley’s air quality!
The Fresh Air Fest will be held in the Education Station (Building 9) on the TwispWorks campus. The wood stove demonstrations will be held outside in front of the North Shed (Building 13). Fresh Air Fest is free but pre-registration is required.
Register by calling (509) 997-3300 or emailing email@example.com