- This event has passed.
Make Art Work Conference
April 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pmsliding scale
The Confluence Gallery presents Make Art Work: A Conference for Okanogan County’s Artists.
Make ART Work is a day-long professional development conference for Okanogan County artists of all disciplines at a sliding scale participation fee.
Sessions are taught by local and regional art professionals including: Artist Trust, ArtsWA, Methow Arts Alliance, Confluence Gallery, and more at venues in Twisp, WA.
- 9am Registration @ Confluence Gallery
- Professional Presentation (artist statements, CVs, and resume) with Jenny Hyde of Artist Trust
- Understanding the Landscape of the Pacific NW Arts Industry: panel of art professionals facilitated by Perri Howard
Lunch Break and tour of TwispWorks – buy a pre-ordered box lunch with your tickets or bring your own.
- ArtsWA Teaching Artists Training with Lisa Jaret of ArtsWA
Are you a teaching artist, or an artist interested in developing skills as an educator in K-12 classrooms? Come and learn about the Washington State Teaching Artist Training Lab (TAT Lab), an eight-month professional development program for teaching artists working in all artistic disciplines, in all parts of Washington State, with a focus on supporting arts education as part of basic education. This session will include a mix of presentation about the program and the application process, as well as on-your-feet participation in a mini TAT Lab lesson. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear from past participants.
- How to Apply for an Artist Call with Katy Hannigan of Artist Trust
In this workshop led by Katy Hannigan, artist liaison at Artist Trust, you’ll learn about funding opportunities, the ins and outs of applying for grants or calls for artists, and tips that will make your next application stand out.
- 99 Ways to Market Yourself Online with Amanda Jackson Mott of Methow Arts Alliance
In this fun and informative workshop you’ll learn how to effectively navigate the online marketing world and optimize your presence through social media. Facebook, Instagram and free artist pages will be explored. No matter the discipline, youll learn the basics of marketing smart and will leave with a checklist of at least 99 tips, ideas and resources. All levels are welcome.
- 5-6pm Artist Reception and Networking @ Confluence Gallery
Tickets/Registration at Confluence Gallery or BrownPaperTickets.com
Tickets are available on a sliding scale $0 – $45.