During October, TwispWorks is participating in the Community Foundation of North Central Washington’s Give Methow campaign – a month-long fundraising effort where people can contribute to participating nonprofits located in the Methow Valley. We are asking you to support TwispWorks’ programs that help families, businesses and key industries leading to a vibrant and diverse local economy.
These programs are working – because of you! Here’s what your contribution supports:
- Our Advocacy efforts help critical industries in our community.
- We led efforts to keep the Smoke Jumper Base and its nearly two dozen living wage jobs in the Methow Valley to protect people, homes and businesses from wild fires.
- TwispWorks is spearheading efforts to improve local high-speed internet access and other infrastructure improvements to create an environment for businesses and workers to be successful.
- Our Partnerships include work with the Methow Housing Trust and the Little Star South.
- We are addressing root causes of economic instability like affordable housing and quality childcare.
- The Methow Investment Network connects local businesses needing funding to start or grow their business with people wanting to invest their dollars locally.
- To-date, more than $970,000 has been made available to local businesses creating 30 new jobs.
- Our Main Street Program drives conversations with local businesses to understand their challenges and opportunities and build mentoring relationships between businesses and local experts.
- This year we have met with dozens of local businesses.
- Our Methow Made Program provides sales, marketing and retail support to local producers, artists and innovators.
- 40 local small businesses and 12 retailers are now part of the program.
- The TwispWorks Campus is a community asset and an economic engine.
- We have 35 organizations operating on the TwispWorks campus creating more than 85 local jobs.
While we’re seeing great results, there is still much to do to make the local economy work for everyone!
The reality is this: if people cannot secure living wage jobs, if local businesses cannot operate profitably, or if the services and infrastructure to support residents and visitors alike is not available, then the Methow Valley will cease to be the special place it is today.
The monies contributed during Give Methow receive a partial match through a stretch pool of funds and the CFNCW is taking care of all credit card fees, so your contribution will make an even bigger impact supporting the families and businesses who make the Methow Valley home.
As part of Give Methow, every Monday, any donor contributing online will be entered to win $500 that they can contribute to a participating charity of these choice – so please contribute today.
Thank you for supporting TwispWorks and the health of the local economy!
The Methow Valley is the birthplace of smokejumping and the North Cascades Smokejumper Base is integral to the economy, culture, and disaster preparedness of the Methow Valley.
TwispWorks continues to lead the effort to keep the NCSB in Winthrop and is hosting the traveling Smokejumper Museum in Your Space@TwispWorks, Building #9 on the campus.
Open most Saturdays through Labor Day, the museum is free and open to the public.
Thank you for supporting the health of our community by contributing to TwispWorks during GiveBIG. This year, a generous donor agreed to match dollar-for-dollar all contributions to TwispWorks up to $20,000 – doubling the value of contributions!
In addition to delivering programs and services throughout the Methow Valley, we are beginning the final push to complete renovations to our 80-year old campus. This spring, we’re starting work to complete much needed infrastructure improvements including new pathways, repaving the parking lot, upgrading electrical, water and sewer and installing wayfinding signage to help people get to where they want to go. We are also renovating the final 15% of usable interior space to incubate more businesses.
A completed campus will be a community hub and an economic engine supporting the local economy for decades to come.
Between April 26 and Wednesday, May 9, you can make a real difference to the health of our community by contributing to TwispWorks during GiveBIG. GiveBIG 2018 is a fundraising event that provides a single moment in time for people to support nonprofits making a difference in their community.
This year, a generous donor has agreed to match dollar-for-dollar all contributions to TwispWorks up to $20,000 – doubling the value of your contribution! While GiveBIG is on May 9, you can record your contribution to TwispWorks now and have your payment processed on the 9th. Click the button below to make your donation today!
Through your support, TwispWorks has made significant, measurable progress in delivering programs and services to help strengthen the economy of the Methow Valley. Here are just a few recent highlights!
- Business Mentorship: Engaged with more than 100 businesses and provided more than 200 hours of mentorship to local businesses
- Methow Investment Network: Managed the Network that in its first year has loaned $820,000 to local businesses
- Strategic Partnerships: Established partnerships with Little Star South Collaborative and Methow Housing Trust – addressing affordable, quality childcare and housing
- Youth Programs, Internships and Education: Helped more than 100 kids who have received education and training from Careers in Construction, campus internships and ILC attendance
- Continuing Education and Skill Building: Delivered 100s of classes offered by TwispWorks and our partners
- Industry Advocacy: Led the effort to keep the Smoke Jumper Base in our local community and improving rural broadband access
Your support of TwispWorks is more important than ever!
In addition to delivering programs and services throughout the Methow Valley, we are beginning the final push to complete renovations to the 80-year old campus. This spring, we’re starting work to complete much needed infrastructure improvements including new pathways, repaving the parking lot, upgrading electrical, water and sewer and installing wayfinding signage to help people get to where they want to go. We are also renovating the final 15% of usable interior space to incubate more businesses. A completed campus will be a community hub and an economic engine supporting the local economy for decades to come.
Please make your donation today to support local families, businesses and industries who contribute to the vibrancy of the Methow Valley!
Last month, the Methow Investment Network (MIN) celebrated its first birthday. Delivered as part of TwispWorks Healthy Economy Programs, the MIN connects local businesses needing capital to start or grow with people wanting to invest their money locally. Many small businesses in rural and remote areas don’t have access to traditional funding sources, creating challenges for the local economy to grow and add jobs. In 2017, investors made loans to local businesses totaling $820,000.
The MIN continues to increase in the number of investors, amount of funds available and number of businesses seeking to participate in this valuable program. To learn more about becoming an investor or seeking a loan, check out this video captured during our 1-year birthday celebration!