TwispWorks is a community of partners working to increase economic vitality in the Methow Valley through education, agriculture, technology, arts and culture. Join us. The following spaces are currently available. TwispWorks tenants commit to participating in the campus community through education, collaboration or other means. Insurance and Twisp Business License required.
The TwispWorks campus includes 6.4 acres and 17 buildings. For more information about the site or any of the facilities, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TwispWorks is sprucing up the south end of downtown Twisp with new landscaping, solar panels and building updates. The new facade on the building facing Highway 20 was designed by facilities assistant Patrick Hannigan. It incorporates regular, cold-rolled steel that has been treated with salt to give it an antique, rusted look. The multi-functional design presents a space where future tenants or resident artists can display their work. Additionally, it allows for a view from the Highway into the TwispWorks campus.
The Gateway Building, built in 1962, offers a variety of office spaces. Recently renovated, it is now home to the Twispworks staff, the conference room, InventionWorks computer lab, and fiber-optic access point. All spaces are insulated and well-lit. Contact Tori Karpenko at 509-997-3300 for more information.
TwispWorks’ first major renovation project, a weatherization upgrade, was completed on the South Warehouse–a 1939 structure that formerly served as a storage building for trail crew tools and resources. The building is now usable year-round, with heat, lights, plumbing and ADA accessibility to three units of approximately 1,000 sf. each. Funding for the renovation was provided by USDA Rural Development, the Icicle Fund and Okanogan Public Utility District’s Energy Efficiency Rebate Program.
The TwispWorks conference room is located in the Gateway building and currently seats 30 in chairs and up to 30 at tables. Room rental includes: Tables and chairs LED projector and screen Conference phone Use of glasses and dishware if needed.
The BUNKHOUSE, built in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, is a large furnished house with sleeping space for 4-8 people, a kitchen and common space. The Bunkhouse was built as the engineering office and later used a crew bunkhouse. The Bunkhouse is home to our Artist Residency program part of the year, and is available for short-term rental by groups and individuals at other times.
The Road Shop, built in 1939, was used to maintain all of the Forest Service equipment. Three-phase power, garage doors and mechanic’s bays. Home to studio space for artist Steve Ward, the Liberty Bell High School welding program, and community welding and metal casting classes. The upstairs loft of the Road Shop is currently available for rent but requires some renovation.
The Tree Cooler, built in 1985, includes a large cold storage space, entryway, loading dock and balcony space. Total 2,724 sf. Half of the tree cooler is currently available to rent. The space has electrical outlets, lighting and full insulation. Please contact Tori Karpenko at 509-997-3300 for more information.
The NORTH WAREHOUSE was constructed in 1939 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, and served as the storage space for firefighting operations for the Forest Service. Beautiful wood interior and wood floors, and a fascinating second floor space make this a very intriguing building. There is space available for SEASONAL use. Unit 1: 1000 sf Available, requires renovation Unit 2: 800 sf Available, requires renovation Unit 3: 1000 sf Available, requires renovation Upstairs: Available, requires renovation RFP Design Services
The Grey Shed is an interesting and flexible space. Built in 1934, its 3,744 sf include open bays, two units with poured concrete floors, and a large upstairs area. These spaces can be partitioned. The building is currently available.